Weddington High School is a quick 30 minutes from the center of Charlotte, NC and the surrounding areas are a great place for those looking to live near the conveniences of a big city but with the privacy and community of a small town. Not only that, but Weddington High School is one of the top rated high schools in the Charlotte area drawing families from all over (For the 2014 – 2015 school year, Weddington HS received an A+ from the NC Department of Public Instruction).
As you may suspect, Weddington Elementary and Weddington Middle are the feeder schools for Weddington High School. Students attending Weddington HS may also begin at Antioch Elementary. Each of these primary schools are among the top rated in the Charlotte metro area and the Union County School District.
Many homes for sale zoned for Weddington High School are single-family, 4+ bedrooms, 4,000+ sq ft, and built between 2000 and 2010. Although there is still a lot of new construction in Weddington if you are looking for new construction homes zoned for Weddington High School. Most of homes zoned to for Weddington HS are in either the towns of Weddington or Matthews but some are in cities of Marvin and Waxhaw.
Here are some more detailed statistics about the real estate market of homes for sale assigned to Weddington High School from the past 12 months (July 2015 to June 2016):
- The average sales price of a home is $435,650, an 8.8% increase from the previous year!
- With such a great increase, Weddington homes are appreciating rapidly. For example, a home sold in the spring of 2015 for $450,000 could now possibly sell for $489,600. That’s almost an additional $40,000 in equity earned in just 1 year!
- The average sales price per sq ft is $128, a 6.8% increase from the previous year
- The final sales price of a home is 95.8% of the original listed price, on average
- This means that buyers are getting a bit of a deal or sellers are listing their homes a little too high. And to put this into perspective, if a home is listed at $450,000, an average final sales price would be $431,100.
If you’re interested in buying or selling a home in the Weddington area, let me help! Below are some of my favorite neighborhoods within the Weddington High School boundaries.
Neighborhood Approximate Price Range Elementary School Middle School
Brookhaven $400s - $600s Antioch Weddington
Highgate $800s - $1.5 mil Antioch Weddington
Providence Glen $300s - $400s Weddington Weddington
Rose Hill $700s - $800s Weddington Weddington
Weddington Chase $500s - $600s Weddington Weddington
If you have questions or would like more information about any of these neighborhoods, please contact me. Or, if you would like personalized search results emailed to you daily, click here to tell me about your criteria.
In addition, if you are considering selling your Weddington area home, I’d love to help you determine a reasonable sales price with a consultation and a free Comparative Market Analysis!
Missy Banks is a full time Real Estate Professional who lives in and specializes in South Charlotte. She understands the South Charlotte lifestyle, housing market, and community. Let her be your connection to South Charlotte Real Estate. #sellingsouthcharlotte